- Variant of matronymic.
- Alternative form of matronymic.
- produced from the name of one's mama, or other feminine ancestor.
- alternate type of matronymic.
- A maternal title; a name produced from mom or a maternal ancestor.
- a name produced by the name of one's mother or a maternal ancestor
- Derived from title of a mother or other female ancestor: correlative to patronymic: because, a metronymic title.
- In anthropology, relating to that kind of community where youngster got its name from the mother's household, or perhaps in that the youngster is reckoned as a part of this maternal household.
Sentence for "metronymic"
Hypernym for "metronymic"