- Architecture some of the spaces between two triglyphs on a Doric frieze.
- The architectural element between two triglyphs in a Doric frieze.
- The space between two triglyphs regarding the Doric frieze, which, among the ancients, was often adorned with carved work. See Illust. of entablature.
- the facial skin of a crab.
- In design, a slab placed between two triglyphs for the Doric frieze, often, particularly in belated work, cut-in equivalent block with one triglyph or higher.
- In zoology, identical to facies. Huxley.
Sentence for "metope"
Same Context for "metope"
Variant for "metope"