- In old Greece, a resident alien whom did not have resident legal rights and whom paid a tax for the straight to live there.
- A sojourner; an immigrant; an alien citizen in a Grecian town, not a citizen.
- An emigrant or immigrant; especially, in ancient Greece, a resident alien just who generally bore the burdens of a citizen, and had some of the citizen's benefits; thus, any resident alien.
- an alien which paid a fee to reside in in an old Greek town
- Definition for "metic"
- In old Greece, a resident alien whom did…
- View More
- Sentence for "metic"
- Synonym for "metic"
- Hypernym for "metic"