- some of various archaea being capable of producing methane from decomposition of natural material.
- some of various archaebacteria effective at methanogenesis
- a kind of archaebacteria present in anaerobic surroundings such animal intestinal tracts or sediments or sewage, and effective at creating methane; a source of gas.
- archaebacteria present in anaerobic surroundings eg pet abdominal tracts or sediments or sewage and effective at producing methane; a source of natural gas
Sentence for "methanogen"
- The Mars methane release would, in…
Hypernym for "methanogen"