- Alteration of a word by the addition, omission, or transposition of noises or syllables and/or letters that represent them.
- Nonliving product in the protoplasm of a cell, such as for example pigment granules or nutritive substances.
- Any improvement in a word created by changing its letters or noises
- a little particle (often nutrient) within a cell
- A change in the letters or syllables of a word.
- In sentence structure: A change or transmutation in a word with the addition of, transposing, or retrenching a syllable or letter.
- development of an oblique instance or situations from a stem besides that of the nominative.
- In botany, protoplasm containing specific carbohydrates which are in the course of time divided as a result in formation of cell-walls or as secretions.
- In cytology, a collective term applied to lifeless or non-living substances or inclusions including yolk-bodies, starch, pigment, etc., when you look at the cell-protoplasm, as distinguished from the living substances.
Hyponym for "metaplasm"
- View More