- Having a bill when the recommendations associated with mandibles cross. Used of a bird.
- having the mandibles crossing on tip of the costs, such as the crossbill
- Cross-billed; -- said of specific birds, because the crossbill.
- In ornithology, obtaining the guidelines associated with the mandibles crossed: because, the metagnathous costs associated with purple crossbill, Loxia curvirostra. See quote under epignathous.
- Of or related to the Metagnatha.
Sentence for "metagnathous"
- Because I want a sandwich. metagnathous:…
Synonym for "metagnathous"