- A person with whom one consumes frequently, as in a military mess.
- a co-employee with whom one stocks in pretty bad shape (bistro) on a ship
- a co-employee in in pretty bad shape.
- An associate in chaos, particularly in a ship's mess; one that eats normally within exact same table with another.
- In zoology, a commensal.
- In botany, identical to messmate-tree.
- (nautical) a co-employee with that you share meals in identical mess (because on a ship)
Sentence for "messmate"
- "Ado!" cried Rodney angrily, "is it…
Synonym for "messmate"
Hypernym for "messmate"
Same Context for "messmate"