- the center, often fleshy level of a fruit wall.
- the center layer of the pericarp of a fruit. In a lot of fruits eg drupes and tomatoes, the mesocarp is fleshy.
- the center layer of a pericarp which is composed of three distinct or dissimilar layers.
- In botany, the center level of a pericarp when it's feasible to differentiate three dissimilar layers; the sarcocarp.
- the center level of a pericarp
Sentence for "mesocarp"
- The middle layer containing the toxic…
Hypernym for "mesocarp"
Agriculture Dictionary for "mesocarp"