- associated with or containing mercury, particularly with a valence of just one.
- regarding or derived from mercury.
- Of a compound, containing mercury with an oxidation amount of 1.
- Of, related to, or based on, mercury; containing mercury; -- said of these substances of mercury for which it is contained in its highest percentage.
- of or containing mercury
- about or containing mercury.
- In chem., specifically placed on compounds for which two atoms of mercury are seen as developing a bivalent radical: as, mercurous chlorid, Hg2Cl2.
Sentence for "mercurous"
- Certain mercurous seafoods have joined their…
Synonym for "mercurous"
Same Context for "mercurous"