- A passage of a few records sung to one syllable of text, as in Gregorian chant.
- A passage of a few notes sung to 1 syllable of text, as with Gregorian chant.
- some melody; a song or tune, -- in place of recitative or music declamation.
- A grace or decoration.
- In songs: A song, melody, or atmosphere, as contrasted with a recitative or declamatory passageway.
- A melodic decoration, elegance, fioritura, or roulade.
- A cadenza.
Sentence for "melisma"
Antonym for "melisma"
Urban Dictionary for "melisma"