- A shape resembling a jellyfish.
- A jellyfish.
- The medusiform generative bud or receptacle of this reproductive components of a hydrozoan, whether or not it becomes detached or otherwise not.
- Loosely, any medusa, medusidan, or medusoid organism.
- one of two kinds that coelenterates simply take: it is the free-swimming intimate stage in life cycle of a coelenterate; in this stage it offers a gelatinous umbrella-shaped human body and tentacles
- getting the model of a jellyfish
- Like a medusa; getting the fundamental structure of a medusa, but without a locomotive disk; -- stated for the sessile gonophores of hydroids.
- concerning or resembling a medusa
- Like a medusa; resembling a medusa in type or purpose; medusiform: since, a medusoid bud; the medusoid company. Occasionally acalephoid.
Sentence for "medusoid"
Hypernym for "medusoid"
Cross Reference for "medusoid"