- A coin from the Ottoman Empire, worth twenty piasters.
- A silver money of Turkey formerly rated at twenty, but since 1880 at nineteen, piasters (about 83 cents).
- A gold money of chicken equal (in 1913) to at least one hundred piastres ($4.396 or 18s. 3/4d.); a lira, or Turkish pound.
- A Turkish honorary order established in 1851 by Abdul-Mejid, having as its badge a medallion enclosed by seven silver rays and crescents. It is often conferred on people from other countries.
- A Turkish order of knighthood, instituted in 1852 because of the sultan Abdul-Medjid, and conferred on many foreign officers just who participated with Turkey in Crimean war.
- a contemporary silver coin of chicken, called through the sultan Abdul-Medjid, whom coined it in 1844. It is comparable to 20 piasters, and well worth, more or less, 85 cents.
Sentence for "medjidie"
- -- A reliable informant from Deir-el-Zûr…
Equivalent for "medjidie"