- extremely and objectionably emotional. See Synonyms at emotional.
- Sickening or insipid in flavor.
- queasy, queasy.
- Sickening or insipid in style or scent.
- Excessively or falsely sentimental; showing a sickly overabundance sentiment.
- likely to trigger satiety or loathing; nauseous; slightly nauseating; disgusting.
- Effortlessly disgusted; squeamish; sentimentally fastidious.
- Weakly sentimental; maudlin.
- effusively or insincerely psychological
- Maggoty. [maybe not present in this literal feeling. Compare mawky, 1.] therefore Loathsome; apt to cause loathing or sickness; sickening.
- Insipid; sickening; sickly: as, mawkish wine; mawkish sentimentality.
Sentence for "mawkish"
- This book, small and easily digested,…
Synonym for "mawkish"
Rhyme for "mawkish"
Equivalent for "mawkish"
Same Context for "mawkish"