Definition for "maw"
- The lips, belly, jaws, or gullet of a…
Sentence for "maw"
Synonym for "maw"
Phrases for "maw"
Rhyme for "maw"
Hypernym for "maw"
Same Context for "maw"
Urban Dictionary for "maw"
- The lips, belly, jaws, or gullet of a voracious pet, specially a carnivore.
- The orifice into some thing felt is insatiable: "We saw the orifice maw of hell” ( Herman Melville).
- the tummy, specially of an animal
- the top of digestive tract (where meals gets in your body), especially the mouth and jaws of a ravenous creature.
- any great, insatiable or perilous opening.
- A gull.
- A stomach; the receptacle into which meals is taken by eating; in wild birds, the craw; -- today utilized just of this lower creatures, exept humorously or perhaps in contempt.
- Appetite; inclination.
- a vintage online game at cards.
- The stomach: now used of people only in contempt, and rarely of pets.
- The crop or craw of a fowl.
- The noise or air-bladder of a fish.
- Stomach; desire for food; desire.
- A dialectal (Scotch) type of mew.
- a vintage online game at cards, played with a piquet pack of thirty-six cards by any number of persons from two to six.
- informal terms for the mouth
- A dialectal (Scotch) type of mow.