Definition for "matting"
- Material formed into or considered as a mat:…
Sentence for "matting"
- Wrapped in matting, well oiled, free…
Phrases for "matting"
Rhyme for "matting"
Hypernym for "matting"
Cross Reference for "matting"
Same Context for "matting"
Variant for "matting"
Verb Stem for "matting"
Urban Dictionary for "matting"
- an extremely popular 'hobbie'of wanking yourself…
- Material formed into or considered as a mat: The forest floor had a thick matting of pine needles.
- A coarsely woven material used for addressing flooring and comparable functions.
- the game of making mats.
- A dull area or finish.
- the entire process of dulling a surface, as of material.
- mats, a collection of floor treatments
- coarse material, associated with type always make mats
- a dull area, usually employed for surrounding pictures; matte
- The work of interweaving or tangling together so as to make a mat; the entire process of getting matted.
- Mats, overall, or collectively; mat work; a matlike textile, to be used in addressing floors, packing articles, and the like; some sort of carpeting made from straw, etc.
- Materials for mats.
- An ornamental edge. See 3d Mat, 4.
- A dull, lusterless surface in some associated with arts, as gilding, metal work, glassmaking, etc.
- products for mats; matwork.
- A fabric of some coarse product, as rushes, flags, lawn, straw, hemp, bamboo, etc., utilized for covering flooring, as a packing for some forms of goods, as well as for several other reasons.
- Nautical, a texture made of strands of old rope, or of spun-yarn, beaten flat and interwoven, familiar with avoid chafing.
- The pad of a picture.—
- The work or means of creating a dull or roughened area on steel; especially, the entire process of covering plates with varnish in gilding on water-size.
- A dull, a little roughened area, free from polish, from using the pad.
- In stained cup, shade laid to deaden a surface or even to make cup less transparent.
- installing composed of a border or background for an image
- a covering of coarse material (usually of straw or hemp)
- provide participle of mat.