- A fish stew that's prepared in a wine sauce.
- A stew made mostly with seafood and wine.
- A stew, frequently of seafood, flavored with wine, and served with a wine sauce containing onions, mushrooms, etc.
- An old dance of sailors, in double time, and significantly like a hornpipe.
- Fish served with a sauce of wine, onions, herbs, as well as other seasoning. The name may also be provided to a dish of meat or any other viands supported with an equivalent sauce.
- highly experienced soup or stew made from freshwater fishes (eel, carp, perch) with wine and stock
Definition for "matelote"
- A fish stew that's prepared in a wine…
Sentence for "matelote"
Hypernym for "matelote"
Equivalent for "matelote"