- A gunlock which dust is ignited by a match.
- A musket having such a gunlock.
- early-type of firearm, using a smoldering bit of cable to fire the powder when you look at the firing cooking pan.
- The gunlock used in these types of a weapon, having a slow smouldering match, see: slow match.
- An old kind of gunlock containing a match for firing the priming; thus, a musket fired by way of a match.
- the first as a type of musket-lock, constructed in order to be fired through a match by means of a cord.
- A musket furnished with a match-lock; a gun fired through a lighted match.
- an early on design of musket; a slow-burning wick could be lowered into a hole in breech to ignite the fee
Definition for "matchlock"
- A gunlock which dust is ignited by a…
Sentence for "matchlock"
Hypernym for "matchlock"
Same Context for "matchlock"