- A method of scoring golf games by counting only the range holes won by each side as opposed to the quantity of strokes taken.
- A scoring system in which points are awarded for every single opening won, rather than stroke play.
- A knockout competitors between two solitary bowlers.
- The playing of an aggressive match, rather than training and rehearse.
- In golf, play in which the rating is reckoned by counting the holes lost or won on either part.
- golf rating by holes won
- Enjoy where the score is reckoned by counting the holes won or lost by each part; -- distinguished from medal play.
Quotes for "match play"
- "Eighteen holes of match play will…"
Antonym for "match play"
Hypernym for "match play"
Sports Dictionary for "match play"