- Any of numerous solitary bees associated with the family Megachilidae, found global, that build clay nests.
- some of the bees of this genus Osmia, that have the practice of making compartments of mud within their nests.
- anybody of various species of individual bees of the genus Osmia. They construct interested nests of hardened mud and sand.
- An aculeate hymenopterous pest of one of the genera Anthophora, Osmia, Chalicodoma, and some other individuals, which build their particular nests with grains of sand agglutinated together in the shape of a viscid saliva, and fix all of them privately of wall space, etc., or avail on their own of some hole for the function. See cut under Anthophora.
- some of many individual bees that build nests of hardened mud and sand
Hypernym for "mason bee"
- View More