Definition for "masked"
Sentence for "masked"
- Her expression masked, she nodded toward…
Synonym for "masked"
Phrases for "masked"
Rhyme for "masked"
Cross Reference for "masked"
Equivalent for "masked"
Variant for "masked"
Verb Stem for "masked"
- Disguised or concealed as if by a mask: masked emotions.
- Latent or concealed, as an indicator or disease.
- Botany Personate.
- Zoology Having masklike markings on mind or face.
- Zoology Having the anatomy of the after that developmental form outlined beneath the integument, as in certain insect pupae.
- Putting on a mask or masks; characterized by masks; concealed; hidden.
- obtaining the anterior part of the head varying decidedly in color from remaining plumage; -- stated of wild birds.
- Using a mask or masks; characterized by masks; hidden; concealed.
- Same as Personate.
- getting the anterior the main mind varying decidedly in shade from the remaining portion of the plumage; -- stated of wild birds.
- featuring its real character hidden using the intent of misleading
- having markings suggestive of a mask
- Simple past tight and past participle of mask.
- Having the face covered with a mask; concealed or hidden.
- Bewildered; astonished.
- In zoology: Larvate or larval: hence, a caterpillar could be the masked condition of a butterfly.
- In entomology, applied to pupæ which have the wings, legs, etc., of the future imago indicated by lines on the surface, as in Lepidoptera.
- Marked regarding the head or face as if literally wearing a mask; capistrate; personate.
- In botany, identical to personate.
- In pathology, just like larval, 2.