- Heraldry A representation of a bird without foot, utilized as a crest or bearing to point a fourth boy.
- A mythical bird, frequently used in heraldry, which possessed no foot.
- The European residence martin.
- A bird without beak or foot; -- typically believed to portray a martin. As a mark of cadency it denotes the 4th child.
- The martin, a bird.
- In heraldry, a bird represented aided by the wings sealed and without feet, but usually keeping the tufts of feathers which cover the legs.
Definition for "martlet"
Sentence for "martlet"
Same Context for "martlet"