- Material, such wood or ivory, inlaid piece by piece into a wood surface in an intricate design and veneered to some other surface, particularly of furnishings, for decoration.
- A decorative technique for which veneers of wood, ivory, metal etc. tend to be inlaid into a wood surface to make complex designs.
- a good example of this work
- An inlay of some thin material in the area of a piece of furniture or other object.
- inlaid veneers tend to be fitted collectively to form a design or picture that's after that used to ornament furnishings
Sentence for "marquetry"
Hypernym for "marquetry"
Same Context for "marquetry"