- some of a few bulbous plants regarding the genus Calochortus of western North America, having variously colored, tuliplike plants. Also referred to as mariposa tulip.
- one of the types of a genus (Calochortus) that develop in dried out grasslands and semideserts, tulip-like bulbous herbs with big and frequently extremely colorful blossoms.
- A plant associated with genus Calochortus. Also referred to as butterfly-tulip.
- any one of several plants associated with the genus Calochortus having tulip-shaped blossoms with 3 sepals and 3 petals; southwestern United States and Mexico
- One of a genus (Calochortus) of tuliplike bulbous herbs with big, and often gaycolored, blossoms. Known as in addition butterfly lily. Many are natives of Ca.
Hyponym for "mariposa lily"
Hypernym for "mariposa lily"
Variant for "mariposa lily"