Definition for "mare's-tail"
- A cosmopolitan aquatic natural herb (Hippuris vulgaris) having…
Sentence for "mare's-tail"
- Among aquatic plants, mare's-tail Hippuris vulgaris…
Hypernym for "mare's-tail"
Variant for "mare's-tail"
- A cosmopolitan aquatic natural herb (Hippuris vulgaris) having moment blossoms and linear whorled leaves.
- A long narrow cirrus cloud with a flowing look.
- a lengthy streaky cloud, spreading completely like a horse's tail, and considered to suggest rainfall; a cirrus cloud. See cloud.
- An aquatic plant associated with the genus Hippuris (Hippuris vulgaris), having slim leaves in whorls.
- A plant associated with the genus Hippuris: many precisely H. vulgaris.
- The horsetail, Equisetum. See bottle-brush, 2.
- plural Long right materials of grey cirrus cloud, an indication of the method of stormy climate.
- In structure, the cauda equina (which see, under cauda).
- The horseweed, Leptilon Canadense.
- The heath-aster, Aster ericoides.
- a long narrow flowing cirrus cloud
- Like a mare's end; of the kind labeled as mare's-tails: said of clouds.