- The partner or widow of a marquis.
- A noblewoman position above a countess and below a duchess. Also called marquise.
- made use of as a title for such a noblewoman.
- The partner of a marquess.
- The spouse and/or widow of a marquis; a lady who may have the position and dignity of a marquis.
- The wife or widow of a marquis.—2. A size of record measuring 22 ins by 11.
- a noblewoman ranking below a duchess and above a countess
- the wife or widow of a marquis
Sentence for "marchioness"
- Lady Florimel wept incessantly for three…
Hypernym for "marchioness"
Same Context for "marchioness"