- a twining plant (Ipomœa pandurata) with leaves and plants much like those associated with the morning-glory, but having an immense tuberous farinaceous root.
- A long-rooted morning glory (Ipomoea leptophylla) of west U. S.
- A tropical American prostrate or climbing herbaceous perennial (Ipomoea panurata or Ipomoea fastigiata) having a huge starchy root; sometimes held becoming source of the sweet-potato.
- The wild potato-vine, Ipomœa pandurata, so called from the great size sometimes attained by the root.
- tropical United states prostrate or climbing herbaceous perennial having an enormous starchy root; often held to-be supply of the sweet-potato
- a morning glory with long roots of western United States
Synonym for "man-of-the-earth"
Hypernym for "man-of-the-earth"