- Games A suit of superior rating worth, either spades or minds in connection.
- Either of the suits of spades (♠) and hearts (♥), which rank higher than the minor suits (diamonds and clubs).
- A suit of handmade cards which includes higher rating value; especially, either spades or minds. Contrasted with a minor match, being either diamonds or groups.
- (bridge) a suit of superior scoring value, either spades or minds
Definition for "major suit"
- Games A suit of superior rating worth, either…
Antonym for "major suit"
Hypernym for "major suit"