- The longer associated with the two outlines about which an ellipse is symmetrical; the axis that passes through both focuses of an ellipse.
- The longest diameter of an ellipse, running all the way through the guts and foci, along with its finishes being the widest points regarding the form.
- The diameter of a circle.
- the more axis of a geometrical figure.
- the longest axis of an ellipse or ellipsoid; passes through two foci
Definition for "major axis"
- The longer associated with the two outlines about…
Hypernym for "major axis"
Etymologically Related for "major axis"
Variant for "major axis"