- the key mast of a sailing vessel.
- The taller mast, whether ahead or aft, of a two-masted cruising vessel.
- The second mast aft of a sailing ship with three or maybe more masts.
- the main, and tallest mast of a sailing ship which includes one or more mast.
- the main mast in a ship or other vessel.
- Nautical, the main mast in a ship or other vessel.
- plural the reduced topmast and topgallantmasts of the mast next abaft the foremast.
- the chief mast of a sailing vessel with two or more masts
Sentence for "mainmast"
Hypernym for "mainmast"
Cross Reference for "mainmast"
Same Context for "mainmast"