- The chief unmarried lady attendant of a bride.
- An unmarried noblewoman attendant upon a queen or princess.
- the main lady just who attends the bride at a wedding ceremony.
- the bride's principle attendant at a wedding, if unmarried. If hitched, she actually is called the matron of honor.
- a lady attendant of a queen or royal princess; -- frequently of noble family, and achieving to execute only nominal or honorary obligations.
- an unmarried girl who attends the bride at a wedding
Quotes for "maid of honor"
- "Women who marry early are often…"
Hypernym for "maid of honor"
Cross Reference for "maid of honor"