- See megaspore.
- one of several particularly large spores of certain flowerless flowers, as Selaginella, etc.
- One of the especially huge spores of certain flowerless flowers, as Selaginella, etc.
- In botany, an asexually created spore of large-size as compared with others belonging to the exact same types.
- In zoology, one of the spore-like elements, couple of in quantity, but of reasonably large-size, into that the figures of numerous monads come to be subdivided. Additionally megaspore.
- larger of this 2 kinds of spore stated in heterosporous plants; develops in ovule into a lady gametophyte
Sentence for "macrospore"
Hypernym for "macrospore"