- A thin cartilaginous strip in the underside of tongue of particular carnivorous animals, particularly dogs.
- A fibrous muscular band lying within the longitudinal axis associated with the tongue in lots of animals, including the dog.
- A fibrous and muscular band lying in the longitudinal axis for the tongue in many mammals, as puppy.
- A long vermiform rod of cartilage or fibrous tissue in the middle line and under surface of the tongue of a carnivore; the glossohyal of a carnivore; the so-called “worm” of a dog's tongue.
- [capitalized] A Fabrician genus of Coleoptera: just like Cantharis.
Sentence for "lytta"
- Pliny, and some subsequent writers, attributed…