- an ordinary, stout, lustrous silk, used for females' outfits and for ribbon.
- A plain, stout, lustrous silk, employed for ladies' clothes as well as ribbon.
- A string including ended up being applied to a lute.
- One of specific noctuid moths: so-called from outlines regarding fore wings, likened to lutestrings: as, the poplar-lutestring, Cymatophora or; the lesser lutestring, C. diluta.
- A plain shiny style of silk previously used for ladies dresses.
- A ribbon of these silk.
Sentence for "lutestring"
- In the audience: the dashing Prince…
Cross Reference for "lutestring"
Same Context for "lutestring"