Definition for "lowly"
- Having or designed for a low ranking or…
Sentence for "lowly"
Quotes for "lowly"
- "Now, we occupy a lowly position,…"
Synonym for "lowly"
Phrases for "lowly"
Rhyme for "lowly"
Cross Reference for "lowly"
Equivalent for "lowly"
Same Context for "lowly"
Variant for "lowly"
Urban Dictionary for "lowly"
- Having or designed for a low ranking or position.
- Humble or meek in fashion.
- simple or prosaic in nature.
- Not large; not raised set up; low.
- lower in ranking or social relevance.
- Not lofty or sublime; modest.
- Having a low esteem of the own worth; humble; meek; clear of pride.
- Not large; perhaps not elevated positioned; low.
- Low in position or personal relevance.
- perhaps not lofty or sublime; modest.
- Having a minimal esteem of your respective own well worth; modest; meek; without pride.
- of reduced birth or station (`base' is archaic within feeling)
- used of unskilled work (especially domestic work)
- substandard in ranking or condition
- low or substandard in section or high quality
- In a reduced manner, problem, or place.
- In a meek or simple manner.
- reduced in noise.
- In a minimal manner; humbly; meekly; modestly.
- In a reduced condition; meanly.
- In a minimal fashion; humbly; meekly; modestly.
- In the lowest condition; meanly.
- Not high or increased; depressed in height, scenario, or place; lying or becoming reduced.
- perhaps not of a top purchase or level; of humble ranking or type; thus, unpretending; rude; mean: since, a lowly swain; a lowly cottage.
- Humble in manner or character; without pleasure: modest; meek.
- Synonyms small, resigned, submissive, moderate.
- In a humble manner or problem; humbly; meekly; modestly.
- Without distinction or dignity; meanly.