- A bell found in fowling during the night, to frighten wild birds, and, with a rapid light, to ensure they are travel into a net.
- A bell to-be hung from the neck of a sheep.
- A bell utilized in a particular kind of fowling when the sun goes down, the wild birds becoming meant to rest nearby the sound of this bell and blinded by a light, so as to be easily taken by a net that will be thrown over them.
- A bell hung on the necks of sheep or other creatures.
- To frighten, as with a lowbell.
- To scare with a lowbell, as wild birds in fowling.
- To serenade with loud, rough music. See charivari.
Sentence for "lowbell"
- The captaine notwithstanding desirous to bring…
- View More