- Any of numerous flowers of this genus Pedicularis, having groups of irregular, variously colored blossoms. Also called timber betony.
- some of very many semiparasitic flowering flowers, associated with the genus Pedicularis, linked to wood betony.
- Any types of Pedicularis, a genus of perennial herbs. It was believed to make sheep that fed about it bad.
- A scrophulariaceous plant associated with the genus Pedicularis.
- The stavesacre, Delphinium Staphisagria, the powdered seeds of which have-been used from old times to destroy lice. Additionally louse-herb.
Definition for "lousewort"
- Any of numerous flowers of this genus Pedicularis,…
Sentence for "lousewort"