- The plant cuckoo-pint or wake-robin, Arum maculatum: in allusion to its light- and dark-colored spadices, which advise the two sexes. See Arum, Araceæ, and bulls-and-cows.
- The harlequin duck, Histrionicus minutus, on some components of the North Atlantic shore of united states. See cut under harlequin, a.
- common European arum with lanceolate spathe and brief purple spadix; emerges during the early spring; way to obtain a starch called arum
- Definition for "lords-and-ladies"
- Sentence for "lords-and-ladies"