- A member for the Loligo genus of cephalopods; a squid.
- A genus of cephalopods, including many species of squids, typical on coasts of The united states and Europe. These are typically much used for seafood bait.
- The typical genus associated with the family Loliginidæ. L. vulgaris may be the typical European squid. L. pealei, L. galei, and L. brevis tend to be American types.
- notably flattened cylindrical squid
Sentence for "loligo"
- The Teuthis, loligo, or cuttlefish, is…
Hypernym for "loligo"
Urban Dictionary for "loligo"