- any one of numerous condition officials or functionaries inside Byzantine Empire.
- precisely, an accountant; hence, an officer regarding the Byzantine empire, who could be
- the general public treasurer
- the head of any administrative division, or
- the chancellor of this kingdom.
- In Gr. Ch., the chancellor or keeper of this patriarchal seal for the Patriarch of Constantinople.
- An accountant; under Constantine, an officer regarding the kingdom; a receiver of income; an administrator of a department.
Sentence for "logothete"
- Nicephorus, the general logothete (i.e., the…
Synonym for "logothete"