- A star, especially Polaris, that is used as a point of guide.
- A guiding concept, interest, or ambition.
- A star made use of as a navigation guide, specifically a-pole star like Polaris.
- A guiding tenet or concept.
- identical to loadstar.
- A star that leads or acts to guide; particularly, the pole-star: frequently utilized figuratively.
- directing star; a star which is used as a reference part of navigation or astronomy
- something that serves as a model or guide
Sentence for "lodestar"
Hypernym for "lodestar"
Variant for "lodestar"