- an armed forces trumpet.
- A curve with polar equation , where a is a continuing.
- A curved staff employed by the augurs in quartering the heavens.
- An instrument of martial music; some sort of trumpet of a somewhat curved form and shrill note.
- A spiral whose polar equation is r2θ = a; that's, a curve the square of whose radius vector varies inversely because the position that the distance vector makes with confirmed line.
- In Roman antiquity: an employee with a recurved or crooked top, used by the augurs in quartering the heavens; an augural wand.
- a musical instrument of martial songs; a kind of trumpet curved on external extremity, and having a shrill tone.
- A spiral which the characteristic residential property is that the squares of any two radii vectores tend to be reciprocally proportional to the sides which they correspondingly make with a specific line that will be provided in place and which is an asymptote toward spiral. This name was given by Cotes (died 1716).
- [capitalized] In zoology: A genus of cephalopods: identical to Spirula.
- A genus of gastropods: just like Cyclostoma.
Sentence for "lituus"
- This sort of staff is crooked…
- View More