- Any of a few tongue-shaped bony frameworks, particularly that which forms the anterior border for the mandibular foramen.
- A tonguelike procedure or part.
- Any one of numerous types of brachiopod shells from the genus Lingula, and related genera. See Brachiopoda, and Example in Appendix.
- somewhat tongue or tongue-like part or process; a ligula.
- In zoology: [capitalized] The Standard genus of Lingulidæ.
- Pl. lingulas (-läz). Any species of the genus Lingula or family Lingulidæ; a lingulid or tongue-shell.
- Definition for "lingula"
- Any of a few tongue-shaped bony frameworks, particularly…
- View More
- Sentence for "lingula"
- Cross Reference for "lingula"
- Variant for "lingula"