- Of or concerning shore birds, especially the plovers, sandpipers, and phalaropes.
- Shore-dwelling, usually said of specific wading birds, particularly snipes and plovers.
- Shore-inhabiting; of or pertaining to the Limicolæ.
- Living on or in mud; specifically, of or pertaining to the Limicolæ, in either sense of that word. It is a common epithet of the large group of birds known as shore-birds, bay-snipe, etc.
- In ornithology, an associate associated with Limicolæ.
Definition for "limicoline"
- Of or concerning shore birds, especially the plovers,…
Synonym for "limicoline"