Definition for "likely"
- having or showing the qualities or faculties that…
Sentence for "likely"
Quotes for "likely"
- "I get up in the morning…"
Synonym for "likely"
Phrases for "likely"
Rhyme for "likely"
Cross Reference for "likely"
Equivalent for "likely"
Same Context for "likely"
- having or showing the qualities or faculties that make anything likely: These are typically prone to become aggravated with him.
- in the realm of credibility; plausible: perhaps not a really most likely reason.
- obviously appropriate or suitable: There were a few most likely candidates to do the job.
- Apt to become successful or yield a desired result; guaranteeing: a likely topic for examination.
- appealing; pleasant: discovered a likely area under a shady tree for picnic.
- possible; having a greater-than-even chance of occurring
- likely; Possessing or showing the attributes or characteristics that produce some thing probable
- proper, suitable; believable; having good possible
- plausible; Inside the world of credibility
- promising; likely to be successful or produce a desired result
- appealing; pleasant
- Reasonably is anticipated; evidently destined.
- worth belief; probable; credible.
- Having likelihood; having or providing reason to anticipate; -- accompanied by the infinitive.
- Similar; like; alike.
- Such as fits; good-looking; pleasing; acceptable; handsome.
- Having such characteristics as making success possible; well-adapted towards location; promising
- Improbable; not likely; -- used ironically.
- has a high probability to be the way it is or of coming about
- likely to come to be or perhaps; in prospect
- within the realm of credibility
- most likely not certain to-be or be real or genuine
- Most Likely.
- it's quite likely; most likely.
- with substantial certainty; with very little doubt
- anything or somebody considered likely.
- Similar; congenial; kindred.
- that could be ideal; preferred for a certain reason or purpose; fit or adjusted, or offering vow to be therefore: as, a likely subject for satire.
- Having likeness to truth; that seems or that may be real; credible; likely: because, a likely story.
- Hence in the limits of likelihood; having a tendency; therefore situated or constituted which he or it'll oftimes be or take action indicated: accompanied by an infinitive.
- Liable to happen or come about; in possibility or hope.
- particularly can be liked; likable; pleasing; agreeable; commendable; encouraging; great.
- Synonyms Apt, probably, etc. See likely.
- Probably; since may sensibly be expected.