- Having a ligule.
- Shaped like a strap or long-tongue
- Having a ligule
- Like a bandage, or band; strap-shaped.
- Composed of ligules.
- In botany: Strap-shaped: stated mainly of rays regarding the tubuliflorous therefore the corollas associated with liguliflorous Compositæ.
- Furnished with a ligule: as, a ligulate lawn; having a ligulate corolla: since, a ligulate rose; having ligulate flowers: since, a ligulate head.
- In zoology, strap-shaped: specifically applied
- into cochlea of vertebrates below mammals, in difference from helicine or helicoid;
- in entomology, to parts that are lengthy, slim, level, and parallel-sided or nearly therefore, while the tongue of a butterfly.
Definition for "ligulate"
Sentence for "ligulate"
Synonym for "ligulate"
Equivalent for "ligulate"