- Chiefly Southern U.S. See kindling. See Local Note at kindling.
- any one of various woods with pale-coloured timber, especially the Australian tree Acacia melanoxylon.
- Wood accustomed light a fire; in addition a tree where one obtains such timber.
- Pine wood abounding in pitch, employed for torches in south usa; pine knots, dry sticks, and so on, for kindling a fire quickly or making a blaze.
- Any wood used in burning a fire; kindlings; specifically, in southern US, really resinous pine wood.
- The ruddy duck, Erismatura rubida: so-called from the toughness.
- An inappropriate colonial title for Australian tree Acacia Melanoxylon, much more correctly known as blackwood.
- identical to coachwood.
- tall Australian acacia yielding extremely respected black wood
- Definition for "lightwood"
- Chiefly Southern U.S. See kindling. See Local Note…
- View More
- Sentence for "lightwood"
- Hypernym for "lightwood"
- Cross Reference for "lightwood"
- Same Context for "lightwood"