- A commissioned rank inside U.S. Navy or Coast Guard which above lieutenant and below leader.
- One who holds this rank.
- A naval officer whose position is higher than a lieutenant and below that of a commander.
- an officer in the us navy, in position after that below a commander and then above a lieutenant.
- A commissioned officer in america navy, of a grade intermediate between that of commander which of lieutenant, and ranking with a major inside military.
- a commissioned officer within the Navy ranking above a lieutenant and below a commander
Hypernym for "lieutenant commander"
- commissioned naval officer
- View More