- A commissioned ranking in the U.S. Army, Air power, or aquatic Corps which above major and below colonel.
- one that holds this ranking.
- An army officer generally in most countries, ranking below a colonel and above a significant. Usually the commander of a battalion or perhaps the executive officer of a regiment.
- An officer in america aquatic Corps or Royal Marines, of comparable position for their counterparts inside army.
- An officer in america Air energy, Air Force Reserve, or Air nationwide Guard, ranking below colonel and above significant. Usually the commander of a squadron or the executive officer of a-wing.
- an army officer next in position above significant, and below colonel.
- A military officer next in position below a colonel, plus some European armies frequently the actual leader of a regiment, the colonelship becoming honorary.
- a commissioned officer in the us Army or Air energy or Marines keeping a rank above major and below colonel
Hypernym for "lieutenant colonel"
Same Context for "lieutenant colonel"