- one that is issued a license by an official body to train a specified profession.
- A degree from certain European and Canadian universities ranking just beneath that of a physician.
- One keeping such a diploma.
- somebody who holds the academic degree of permit.
- One who features a license to work out a profession.
- A friar authorized to get confessions and grant absolution in all places, independently for the neighborhood clergy.
- person who acts without discipline, or takes a liberty, just as if having a license therefor.
- regarding continent of European countries, a university level intermediate between compared to bachelor which of doctor.
- person who has permit to practice an art or an occupation.
- Specifically— A friar accredited by the Pope to listen to confession, grant absolution, and inflict penance in every location separately of this neighborhood clergy.
- In non-episcopal churches, once the Presbyterian, a person licensed to preach and do the standard services of general public worship, just before being ordained as a pastor.
- one that acts in a licentious fashion; person who transcends the bounds of because of restraint and decorum.
- The condition of having a license; specifically, in continental Europe, an academical dignity which intervenes between the baccalaureate and the doctorate, and is a step toward the doctor's degree.
- holds a license (degree) from a (European) college
- to provide permit or permission to; encourage by permit.
- Definition for "licentiate"
- Sentence for "licentiate"
- Hypernym for "licentiate"
- Same Context for "licentiate"