- One of a set of movable panels or plates attached to the hull of a sailing vessel to reduce downwind drift.
- A board, or framework of planks, lowered on the part of a sailboat to lessen its freedom.
- A board, or frame of planks, lowered throughout the part of a vessel to lessen the woman leeway whenever closehauled, by giving the lady better draught.
- One of two long level pieces of wood connected one on each part of a flat-bottomed vessel (as a Dutch galiot) by a bolt by which it traverses.
Sentence for "leeboard"
- There was a fresh easterly breeze…
- View More